Hey daydreamers! You guys loved my 2021 time capsule post, and I loved writing it! I thought it would be a great idea to start doing monthly recaps, and you guys seemed to agree in the survey, so here we are!
January was full of some amazing memories! Obviously these are just the highlights: January was far from perfect, but isn’t every month? I’ll be sharing some of my favorite books and songs from the month as well! Here we go!
- got back into reading, and guys, I’m turning into a bookworm again!! I used to read all the time and then got super busy, but I’ve been trying to read more often and I’m LOVING it. Here’s a roundup of the books I read this month!
- This month I read Daring to Hope by Katie Grace Majors. I didn’t like it as much as I thought I was going to, it was more of a Bible study but I was thinking it would read more like a memoir…but still really good!
- I started Pony by RJ Palacio (and then got distracted by other books, but I’m definitely going to go back and finish!!) and loved this one! Super creepy and mysterious and kept me guessing!
- Finally got around to reading To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han, and ahhh I loved it so much! Such a cute read that I literally couldn’t put down…my friend and I made a trampoline fort and watched the movie under the stars, and it was so good!
- I also just finished P.S. I Still Love You, and it was also really good!
- listened sooo much new music and became obsessed with many songs !! I’ll link my Apple Music playlist for January here!
- Nearly cried over the Harry Potter reunion special. I may or may not have persuaded my parents to get HBO Max just to watch it…lol. It was so sad and so good at the same time!!
- Started watching the Office but I haven’t gotten too far, I’m still on season 2.
- I’ve actually been doing really well with my New Year’s resolutions! I’ve been journaling every night, which has been such a great outlet to process my thoughts, I’ll definitely have to do a post all about it. I’ve also been reading through the book John each night.
- I‘ve been stretching every day with Flexabilites videos and have seen sooo much improvement! I’ve also worked a lot on guitar and gotten better at playing songs from memory.
- Went to Altar’d State, and didn’t buy this amazing shacket because it was super expensive. But I did get some cute stuff with my gift card and it was super fun trying on outfits with my friend!
- Got back to school from winter break. It wasn’t just like dipping your feet in the water, it was like diving right back in headfirst. We’ve had a ton of projects, homework, and tests, and I’m taking 6 classes this semester, so school’s been a lot!
- Then I did a little photoshoot with my new outfits, and experimented with some photography and editing! (The blue shirt was $3 on sale!!)
- I loved going to church this month! I barely got to go in December because of Nutcracker and traveling, and it was so nice to be back and get to worship, learn more about Him, and finally have a small group.
- Adjudication! This is basically when a bunch of different ballet companies get evaluated and we present new choreography, and it was such a fun experience to do it for the first time! Here’s a slightly creepy photo in the weird blue backstage lighting 😛
- Went to a cute breakfast place one day in winter break and got some yummy avocado toast and a very *aesthetic* purple ombre lemonade! The most pinterest-y thing I’ve ever done, yet I forgot to take a picture 😂
- Did a Bible study for my whole junior high! I had the opportunity to speak to students about influence, and it was really rewarding after all of the work of creating it, practicing it, memorizing it, and giving my speech to them! I’m planning to post it on here as a devotional, so stay tuned!
Thanks so much for reading this post! I would love to hear all about y’alls January: any books you read, fun things you did, or songs you’ve been loving. in the comments! Hope everyone has a great week, and I’ll see you soon!