heyy daydreamers! gosh, it has been forever since i’ve posted on here, and i’m super sorry about that! (after i had all of these goals of posting more…oops!) i thought it would be a fun idea to share what’s been going on in the couple of months since my last posts on here, and fill you guys in on everything that’s been happening! i haven’t missed actually blogging too much, but i’ve really missed all of y’all and i’m super glad to be popping in here to say hey! let’s get right to the post 🙂Continue reading “a little life update! (featuring an all-nighter, performances,and minor accomplishments)”
Hey daydreamers! I don’t normally do these monthly recap things, but I’m in the mood for a chatty post with lots of fun pictures, plus I wanted to update you guys on all the things that have been going on for the past month! Once again, haven’t blogged in a few weeks – it’s been pretty tricky to find time for it, plus I’m also a little stuck on ideas. Let me know any post ideas in the comments!
Let’s just dive right into the recap!
- I turned 14! I had an AMAZING birthday this year that I’m super grateful for! I spent the day before with my dance bestie – we grabbed boba and had a blast trying on outfits at Target after rehearsal. The next day, I went to church and lunch. My friends and I went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, which was so fun to get to spend time with them and eat some yummy food together on my birthday!
- I did a super fun dance photoshoot on my birthday with my dad, and the photos turned out so cool! I wore some old pointe shoes and a practice tutu, and we went to a park nearby to take the pictures. It was super windy, but the photos ended up really cool!
- I took the PSAT for the first time, which was an interesting experience. I tried to prepare for it using the book in the picture, but I ran out of time to do the math section. On the math part of the test, I was basically randomly selecting answers (“this one really feels like a C kinda question”) since it was mostly algebra stuff I didn’t know. I felt pretty confident about the english parts though. It was a good experience to have, but a little stressful.
- To celebrate my birthday, my grandma and I went to a dance store, and I got some super cute new leos! I’ll have to do a haul to show you guys what I got. We also grabbed Starbucks on the way back and went to dinner together. Going to the dance store is always a special trip since it’s a half hour away, so it was really special and fun to go together!
- Speaking of dance, it’s been extremely busy (but fun) preparing for the Nutcracker! I don’t think I ever announced this on the blog, but I’m playing Clara this year, which is really exciting! I’ve been wanting to play Clara ever since the first time I saw the Nutcracker, when I was four years old. It’s always been the ultimate goal to do this role, and it’s really cool that I’ve reached that goal! We got to do a photoshoot with the costumes, which was super fun (also surprisingly exhausting).
- Besides playing Clara, I’m doing 5 other parts this year, which is INSANE. Our company is pretty small this season, so a lot of us are playing several parts. I’m in Spanish corps, Arabian corps, Waltz of the Flowers, and one of the two Chinese dancers. I also have to be a party boy on the nights I’m not Clara because there aren’t enough guys 😂 Obviously I’m not doing every role in every show, but on different nights I’ll still be doing multiple parts.
- I’m basically living at the dance studio, but I love it! It’s been fun to hang out with my dance friends. Lately I’ve been at the studio 7 days a week (which is why I haven’t been blogging that much 😂)
- I’ve been taking a ton of sky pictures…these are my favorites! October sunsets are the best sunsets, in my opinion.
- This is maybe the most basic photo I’ve ever taken in my entire life 😂 I’ve even got the leggings, fuzzy socks, and coffee mug…(I was drinking tea though, not a pumpkin spice latte 😝) I’ve been getting back into the Harry Potter books and movies lately. I first read the books in elementary school, but I read them again in quarantine, and have been obsessed ever since.
- My friend and I did a nighttime photoshoot with hoodies, a self timer, and flash on, and it was so funny. Some photos actually turned out really good and others not so much… 😝
- I saw the Jonas Brothers in concert, and oh my goodness, it was SO FUN! Kelsea Ballerini opened, and she did such a good job. When the Jonas Brothers came out, everyone was screaming, and they played a ton of their old songs! We were super far back in the lawn, so it was mostly watching the jumbotron haha. It was an AMAZING experience and so fun to jump around to the songs, knowing every word, and it felt amazing to see live music since I hadn’t in forever.
- We wrapped up football season, which was amazing! I was a little skeptical of having such a huge team this year, but we ended up getting to do some amazing stunts, which were so fun. I loved all of our halftimes, and I feel like I improved so much from last year technique-wise. I also understand football a lot better (lol) so that helped make the games more interesting. 😝
- And of course, Halloween! I don’t really have any great pictures, but I was a lifeguard with some friends for actual Halloween, and we also got to dress up throughout the week at dance. We did a decades group costume (each person dressed like a different decade) and the different fairies from the Tinkerbell movies 😛
I hope you guys liked this different kind of post, it was super fun to reflect back on the month and make a list of some of its highlights! Overall, October was a super fun-filled and busy month with lots of super fun experiences. And of course regular days, but I didn’t write about the boring parts lol. It’s crazy that it’s already November! Thanks so much for reading through this, and I hope you guys enjoyed!
THIS WEEK’S SHOUTOUT GOES TO STYLED BY EVELIINA!
Anything fun to share from this month? What were you for Halloween? Have you ever been to a concert? Which Jonas Brother is the best? (*cough* Nick *cough*)